California Bureau of Automotive Repair - Vehicle Retirement Program
The Consumer Assistance Program’s (CAP) vehicle retirement option offers eligible consumers an incentive to retire their operational vehicle. Consumers meeting the income eligibility requirement may receive $1,500 for each vehicle retired. All other vehicle owners may receive $1,000 to retire their vehicle at a BAR-contracted dismantler.
- Income-qualified offer option
- Vehicles must be currently registered
- Vehicle must have failed its most recent smog inspection
- Visit program website for details
- Restrictions apply, subject to change without notice
• $1,000 incentive for all other vehicle owners that retire vehicle at a BAR-contracted dismantler.